We Make Safety and Health a Priority
Palmetto Priority is a formal commitment made by South Carolina restaurateurs to provide a clean and safe environment for their staff and customers to demonstrate the extensive precautions that they are taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The Program at a Glance
Restaurants that choose to participate in the program will complete a checklist of operational assurances as outlined in the restaurant reopening guidelines, participate in required free online education, and participate in a DHEC limited-scope food safety inspection.
Restaurants that successfully complete the checklist and sign a commitment to their employees and customers will earn the endorsement of the program.
The SC Restaurant and Lodging Association will oversee this consumer-driven program by providing patrons with the opportunity to share their experience, both positive and negative, through a short survey. This form will be used to provide feedback if a restaurant not honoring its commitment or to let us know how well they are doing.
Restaurants must agree to the following priorities to protect their employees and customers and demonstrating leadership in safe sanitation practices with all employees on every shift.
- Complete either a DHEC Virtual Food Safety Check or, after July, a Limited Scope Food Safety Inspection.
- Available for free by scheduling with the restaurant’s food safety inspector or by contacting the DHEC food safety office
- Confirmation available on the DHEC website
- Managers must complete the ServSafe Reopening Guidance: COVID-19 Precautions.
- 13-minute ServSafe Reopening Guidance: COVID-19 Precautions course is available free on the ServSafe.com website
- Certificate of completion available at the end of the course
- All employees will be trained on appropriate cleaning and disinfection, hand hygiene, proper face covering and respiratory etiquette
- The ServSafe Take-Out and the ServSafe Delivery training videos are optional but highly encouraged if they apply to your operation.
- Adhere to the minimum standards, as outlined below of the SCRLA Restaurant Reopening Guidance.
- Post required signage advising customers not to enter if symptomatic
- Appropriate signage to promote social distancing and walking traffic patterns
- Select one person per shift to be in charge of safety and sanitation during the shift, observing and ensuring that hand washing is done appropriately, and sanitation of dining room areas, restrooms, lobbies, and door areas is done regularly and consistently (minimum of hourly).
- Signs reminding of hand hygiene and proper hand-washing posted for customers and staff
- Execute the restaurants plan to clean and disinfect common areas and surfaces regularly using chemicals appropriate for COVID-19 disinfection
- Health safety checks for all employees before each shift
- Each non-vaccinated employee is required to wear a face-covering (i.e., cloth or paper face coverings, face masks, full face shields). Fully vaccinated employees are encouraged to wear a face-covering while interacting with guests.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available to all customers and employees, including upon entry
- Tables are cleaned and disinfected in between seating
- Menus are available digital, single-use, or disinfected between guests
Please tell us about your recent dining experience
Thank you in advance for providing valuable feedback. Monitoring the restaurant performance will enhance the program and provide necessary tools for owners, managers, and employees to serve you, our guests, safely. Please complete the form below and click submit.
Please only use this form to provide feedback for participating restaurants listed on the Restaurant Directory page. Restaurants not listed in the directory have chosen not to make the commitment and we will not be able to follow up with them.
The Palmetto Priority is proud to partner with the National Restaurant Association ServSafe Dining Commitment program.
Palmetto Priority restaurant initiative brought to you by: